Explanation of Dominant Bed Material Exercise
To assess the Rosgen Level II pebble count measurements for the single threaded Ouachita River Reach.
- Pebble intermediate axis, diameter, and class data are shown below:
- Pebble 1 = y, 10.1 mm, gravel
- Pebble 2 = x, 16.8 mm, gravel
- Pebble 3 = z, 0.60 mm, sand
- Pebble 4 = y, 3.5 mm, gravel
- Pebble 5 = x, 74 mm, cobble
- Pebble 6 = y, 6.00 mm, gravel
- Pebble 7 = z, 0.065 mm, sand
- Pebble 8 = x, 1.37 mm, sand
- Pebble 9 = y, 0.67 mm, sand
- Pebble 10 = y, 17.8 mm, gravel
- Predominant bed material is gravel with 5 counts, as revealed in the histogram image on this page.