Key Terms - Reach
This image shows scales for Stream networks, segments, Reaches, pools and riffles, and micro habitat.
- A unit length of channel type where the same channel type ideally exists for at least twenty Bankfull Widths (Rosgen)
- The length of channel is uniform with respect to discharge, depth, area, and slope
- The length of a channel for which a single gage affords a satisfactory measure of the stage and discharge
- The length of a river between two gaging stations
- More generally, any length of a river (USGS)
Image courtesy of FISRWG