Key Terms - Bankfull Identifiers
This image shows Stream stage below the Bankfull mark.
- Bankfull Stage
- This stage in the natural channel is delineated by the Elevation point of incipient flooding. Recall that several Bankfull terms were given in Section 2, slide fg_2_7. Finding Bankfull stage requires analytical knowledge and field skill.
- Bankfull stage may be indicated by
- deposits of sand or silt at the active scour mark
- break in Stream bank slope
- perennial vegetation limit
- rock discoloration
- root hair exposure
Original image courtesy of NCSU